Seven Arrested Saudi Business Owners were released
Manama: None of the seven individuals released following days of anti-graft investigations in Saudi Arabia is a prince or a minister, Saudi daily Okaz reported on Friday, citing well-informed sources.
Attorney General Saud Al Mojeb late on Thursday said that 208 people had been arrested in a massive anti-corruption drive launched on Saturday hours after the formation of an anti-graft committee headed by Crown Prince Mohammad Bin Salman Al Saud.
However, seven were later released for lack of sufficient evidence against them, he added.
Lists were immediately circulated on social media with names of the seven people. But the authorities dismissed the various lists, stressing that no personal details about the 201 individuals in custody or the seven who were released would be divulged pending the investigations.
Around $100 billion have been misused through corruption, embezzlement and financial irregularities, Al Mojeb said.
Initial reports said that 11 princes and several ministers and leading businessmen were among those who were arrested.